“There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza. There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole.”
As I was browsing through the DS106 visual choices for my next assignment, I was drawn to the bucket list option. Why? Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to dream and realize that those dreams could be a real possibility. I had made a bucket list in the past but couldn’t even remember where I put it – there was a “hole” in my bucket! This project inspired me to take a break, dream and begin to put plans together to make some of those dreams come true. For this particular assignment, we were instructed to create a collage of at least 4 of our bucket list items, label them and explain each one. I illustrated six of my top choices, but my list was actually much longer. I began to research other bucket lists on google which inspired me to remember what was on my prior bucket list and add even more. I have put my new list in a prominent place and will continue to add to it. I have remembered that I love to dream. Here are six of bucket list items:
- Learn to Tap Dance – I have always wanted to tap dance – it just looks like fun. And, what a great skill to have when you are walking down the street and something wonderful happens. Tap and sing away!
- Visit the Sydney Opera House – I can’t remember a time that I was not in love with Australia and the Sydney Opera House!
- Use a Pottery Wheel – I would like to do even more than just use a pottery wheel. I would like to become good at. This is a retirement dream.
- Perform in Community Theater – As a music teacher, I direct several plays every year. It would be fun to get to be in one.
- Have a Song Published – I have written several songs but have never tried to get them published.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby (and wear a big hat) – This would be fun!
I created this collage using the suggested site Be Funky and found it fairly simple to use. It was easy to upload the pictures I found on google and use the grid template from Be Funky to add the pictures to. Adding the text proved to be fairly simple as well.
I plan to print out my collage and put a copy of the rest of my bucket list on the back. It will be a great visual reminder to continue to dream, chase my dreams and never get another “hole in my bucket” again.